Best Chiropractor in Houston, TX
If you’re often suffering from symptoms such as backaches, headaches or joint pain, but have not yet visited a chiropractor to get help, then you are missing out on a natural and effective treatment option. There are millions of people worldwide who have already experienced the amazing benefits that chiropractic care has to offer. We at Natural Health Houston have already helped treat a wide range of conditions from our patients such as lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, auto injuries, sports injuries and work injuries.
One of the main benefits that you get when receiving adjustments from chiropractor in Houston City is that we provide a 100% drug-free approach to heal your body naturally. The benefits that chiropractic care gives include naturally helping relieve problems such as:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Arthritis and Joint Pain
Although it is growing in popularity, there are still many misconceptions in the field of chiropractic care, such as how the chiropractors are trained and how the practice works. For example, did you know that a lot of chiropractic programs integrate a whole year of PhD-level training on advanced nutrition?
How Does a Chiropractor in Houston, TX Treatment Work?
Majority of the benefits related to care from a chiropractor in Houston are because of patients getting specific chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments work by helping people put their bodies in the proper position which then lets the body heal naturally.
As an alternative and holistic treatment method, these chiropractic adjustments are able to reduce stress in the immune system, opening up more energy which can be used towards maintaining homeostasis and disease prevention. The goal of a chiropractor in Houston City is to address the entire body of a patient, improving their ability to move, think and perform.
- All chiropractors pride themselves in following a holistic, drugless approach to helping their patients achieve their health goals. The primary and basic principle in which this entire profession is built around the belief that the human body has the awesome and innate ability to heal itself. It is the job of a chiropractor to give their patients an environment that can facilitate this inner-healing process.
- Since it is the nervous system that controls each cell and organ in the body, the chiropractors would focus their attention on the condition of the spine being aligned If the spine is out of place, they will make adjustments which will help bring the spine back to the right alignment.
- There is a concept known as “vertebral subluxation,” which is often mentioned or heard in numerous successful chiropractic treatments. Whenever this phrase is used, a chiropractor is referring to the mechanical irritation and compression to the nerves and spinal joints.
An excellent example of “vertebral subluxation” is with the very first chiropractic patient named William Harvey Lillard, who was experiencing difficulty in hearing due to compressed nerves leading to his ears. He was treated by David D. Palmer, also known as the founder of chiropractic care, who provided spinal adjustments to Lillard as a means to reduce destructive nerve compressions and bring back his hearing.
After researching extensively on physiology, Palmer believed that his patient’s hearing loss was caused by a misalignment which blocked the spinal nerves controlling the inner ear. Palmer continued to successfully treat many other patients and later on passed his knowledge to other practitioners. The first chiropractic college was founded in 1897 and was named after Palmer, called the Palmer Chiropractic School & Cure.
Why Get Chiropractic Adjustments?
A lot of instances can lead to a vertebral subluxation. Among the more common causes include:
- The entire spine gets misaligned due to poor posture.
- A vertebra goes out of place because of a fall or slip.
- There is an inflammatory response caused by psychological stress, lack of pure water or poor diet.
- Joint swelling occurs due to damage in the intervertebral joint.
- The vertebrae have been pulled out of place because of trigger points and tight back muscles.
- Degenerative changes or osteoporosis in the spine or intervertebral discs.
The Importance of Good Posture
In Western cultures, our unnatural habit of sitting down all day long can cause a lot of damage to our posture and spine. We are so used to spending hours sitting glued to our computers, smart phones, and other devices and have little or no time to stretch or engage in sufficient physical activity.
This “hunched over” adaptation is quite popular already, but it causes straining on the neck because of a condition called “forward head posture.” Studies have proven that for every inch that the head sticks out from the ideal center of gravity, the neck of that person is loaded with an extra 10 pounds of stress.
In posture evaluations by chiropractor professionals, it has been regularly observed that a lot of patients are carrying their head two to three inches forward. That is an additional 20-30 pounds of pressure being applied on the neck daily! Just think how dangerous that can be to the health of a person’s spine, and how all this straining will then lead to other problems throughout the body.
Get Help from a Chiropractor in Houston City Today
People who are suffering from poor posture or trauma aren’t the only ones that can benefit in finding a good chiropractor – this is also important for everyone that wants to take a proactive approach to protect their health. It is difficult to find any other profession today that can help prevent neuromuscular based diseases like a chiropractor.
You will be able to benefit from chiropractic care if you:
- Are experiencing severe neck and back pain
- Have issues with your mobility
- Have stiff joints
- Feel that your muscles are too tense
- Feel tired most of the time, and your body just doesn’t feel well overall
If you think that there is an issue or imbalance in your nervous system, a chiropractor from Natural Health Houston can help restore it to its original condition. If you’re unsure if the muscular pain you are suffering from is not caused by a misaligned spine, you can still visit our chiropractic care center for an evaluation.
Give us a call now or send us an email to schedule an appointment!
Phone: (713) 522-9814
Mon: 9 am – 5 pm
Tue: 9 am – 5 pm
Wed: 9 am – 5 pm
Thu: 9 am – 5 pm
Fri: 9 am – 5 pm
Sat: By Appointment